Mobile marketing for local businesses seems to be all the rage. More and more people access the web via their mobile phones, and it turns out that one third of Yelp searchers are using their mobile devices to find a business. The cool thing is that these searchers are looking to do business with you right now! (see the official Yelp statistics below)So, just when you thought you have no clue on how to get mobile marketing for local businesses going for your small business, turns out, if your business is on Yelp, you are already heavily involved. Now there are things you can do to improve your chances of being the chosen business. Yelp offers location-based marketing check-ins, and you could provide special offers to those that check-in at your business. Or you could also advertise a special sale or offer on Yelp.Amplify’d from officialblog.yelp.com
Who you gonna call when you need a local business? We think we have some idea. In December 2010 alone, yelpers called a local businesses every other second — and that was just via a Yelp mobile app!
Not only were people visiting Yelp Mobile, they were putting it to work; making some real decisions on where to eat, shop and play. Our data shows us that in the month of December 2010:
- 3.2 million unique visitors used a Yelp mobile app*
- 35% of all searches on Yelp.com came from a Yelp mobile app
- Every other second a consumer generated directions to a local business
- A photo was uploaded every 30 seconds from a Yelp mobile app
And that’s just mobile… In the past month, more than 45 million unique visitors have turned to Yelp to make a spending decision based on the more than 15 million reviews!
- What I Learned About Strategy and Customer Service from My Mom
- Three Strategies To Effective Mobile Web Design
- Mobile Marketing For Local Businesses With Yelp | My Local SEO Guide
- How To Improve Landing Page Conversion Rates with LinkTrackr A/B Split Testing
- Article: Google Kills Tags In Favor Of Boost
Biggi on Facebook Plugin – How To… pinoyleonardo on Facebook Plugin – How To… Mr WordPress on Hello world!